- Show all articles ( 30 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 42 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 36 ) Collapse Articles
How to establish house rules and expectations about visitors
Establishing clear house rules and expectations while doing a thorough walk-through is the key to creating an enjoyable home-sharing arrangement.
One of the things to keep in mind is to agree on how you deal with accepting visitors. Some key points to consider are answering the following questions.
- What are your rules for visitors? Do you allow only day-time visits or overnight visits?
- Permission: Does the Guest need approval before they bring a Guest into the home?
- Hours: What times are reasonable for visitors without disrupting the other members of the household?
- Overnight visitor: What are the expectations? How many nights can a visitor stay?
- Social/party: Will you allow social gatherings or parties? What are the expectations and limits?