Skip to main content
How Can We Help?
< All Topics

Is my space insured by Happipad?

Home insurance

For hosts who own their homes, home insurance provides coverage for your physical structure and personal liability. Before sharing your home with someone, you will need to review your home insurance policy. Most insurance policies will allow you to have up to two housing companions without any price increase. However, you always need to notify your insurance provider before anyone moves in. The language you want to use when notifying your provider is that you have a ‘border’ moving in.

Note: Every insurance provider is different; always consult your insurance provider regarding your coverage terms.

Tenant insurance

It is recommended for all housing companions renting a room to have tenant insurance. This can provide liability, damage, and content coverage. These policies are usually very affordable and are available from many providers.

Note: Consider adding tenant’s insurance as a mandatory requirement in your living arrangement agreement.